It's the middle of the night and I just finished nursing you. I was a little excited when you woke up hungry. I missed you. After your tummy was full I snuggled you in close to me in my bed. I sat and stared at your sleepy little face. My heart is overwhelmed with love and gratitude. I feel I could never sufficiently put into words, how thankful I am to my Heavenly Father, for sending you to our family. What joy you bring to us. I was thinking about the talk in conference, about angels, and I know that you are our little angel, sent straight from Heaven to bless our lives. I picked you up to lay you on my chest and felt wet on your side and on the bed................apparently these diapers are not leak proof. I suddenly felt so tired at the thought of cleaning the bed and you off. Then you looked up at me and smiled. Oh how I love that big open mouth smile of yours. How is it that something so simple can bring me so much joy? I cleaned you up and changed your pajamas, the whole time you smiled up at me. Again, my heart almost hurts because I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for sending you to us. I could see you were not in a hurry to go back to sleep, so I decided to write you a letter. I don't want to forget this night. I'm holding you in my arms right now. Your eyes are getting sleepy. Your little hands are holding each other. So sweet. You just closed your eyes. Oh how I love you. I know I'll be tired in the morning, but I would never trade sleep for these moments. I love you so much, my little angel. Sleep well.
Love ,
Mommy
7 comments:
She is truely and angel sent to bless more than your family. I love Ava. I want to hold her as much as I can because she reminds me that I will get to be with Trevee again someday. I am so thankful for your family and friendship:).
I LOVE AVA TOO!!! This is the cutest letter!! I get soooo excited to hold her every day!! LOVE YA AVA LYNN!!!
What a sweet letter. Technology..hmm. You'll be able to look back on this letter and be reminded how much you love her... especially when it would be easy to forget... like in the middle of the night some night when she won't quit crying, or when she says those first sassy words to you. Those times will come... but you have these times to remember and get you through those not so great moments. Her smile could melt you. Love that little Ava Bean!
She has a beautiful smile! I love how she just lights up the room when she is near. She is such a great blessing to have in the family. I couldn't imagine life without little Ava Bean! Love you baby girl!
What a beautiful letter, Thanks for letting us read this.
stop it. i have 2 tears. so neat tara. :)
That was so sweet Tara. That will be fun for her to read someday. She is such a precious little angel. She really knows how to make anyone melt when she smiles. Love you little Ava Bean! I miss her so much, and I can't wait to hold her tonight at family dinner!!
Post a Comment