background

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Have a Little Patience

I just want to give a hypothetical situation, and encourage all to have a little patience if by some weird circumstance you were to find yourself in this HYPOTHETICAL situation.  Let's say you are in the line at Costco, and you're waiting to check out.  Maybe there is a young mother in front of you with her sweet little baby checking out also, and maybe this sweet mother gets all of her groceries scanned and totaled and realizes that she doesn't have enough cash to pay the bill.  Then perhaps she looks in her wallet and sees that she didn't bring any other way to pay her bill.  Then just imagine if you will, this HYPOTHETICAL mother's face turning many shades of red, and possibly she can even feel her face literally burning, and sweat dripping down it, as she has to one by one, pick out an item from her cart to get her total down so she can pay the bill.  Now, if you ever find yourself in this HYPOTHETICAL situation, have a little patience.  Don't ROLL YOUR EYES, and definitely don't SHIFT YOUR WEIGHT FROM SIDE TO SIDE AND SIGH, and seriously don't CHECK YOUR WATCH, as if this women is making you super late for a lunch you have scheduled with Bon Jovi or something. (I like Bon Jovi, that is the only loop hole I could think of that would allow you to be IMpatient)  Anyone who does any one of those things in this kind of situation should be ASHAMED of themselves.  I'm pretty sure, in this HYPOTHETICAL situation, that the sweet young mother, probably didn't set out that day to humiliate herself just to set you back a few minutes, and possibly annoy you a bit.  She probably would have been SO VERY happy to keep her whole cart of items and take them home with her, if this situation were real that is.  So just think about that the next time you find yourself in an uncomfortable situation like this one.  It's probably more uncomfortable for that sweet young mother than it is for you.  Or, whatever, just HYPOTHETICALLY.
Oh and P.S.
If you are in this line watching this happen and you happen to be like a millionaire or something, you should really step up and just buy that young sweet mothers groceries for her, or whatever :)  

10 comments:

Cindy said...

I would have totally paid for your stuff if I had been there Tara!!!

Jaime and Brent said...

I would have paid for your stuff too. Oh wait, that wasn't you, was it...:)

Or "this poor mother" could have said she forgot an item, and run off to get it, only never to return...

Carla said...

Hypothetically, I would have paid for this poor mother and everyone else in line!

Brianne said...

I can probably pretty safe to say that this has happened to every mom and if it hasn't happened yet...just wait it well. My heart goes out to this "sweet mother" that I love so much :)

Tara said...

Cindy-this was a hypothetical story, I don't know why you would think this is about me??? (but thanks)

Brent- good thinking! Man, if only that hypothetical mom would have been thinking clearly enough to have thought of that :)

Cheryl said...

I'm going to totally kick someone's butt!!! Hypothetically.

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

I totally would have paid for that sweet little mothers groceries! How could you watch a sweet, beautiful mother have to go through that... hypothetically speaking!! That's so sad! I would start sweating too!

jmcmurdie said...

I truly love this sweet mother! I wish I could have been there and paid for your groceries.How dare anyone act that way to young mothers.What happened to kindness and thoughtfulness. Tara, you are wonderful! I so appreciate all you do. How is the dance bar working for you.? Post a picture for us with your little girls. I think those little girls are so lucky to have you as their teacher!Hang in there and know there are better days to come. love,mom mcmurdie

katie said...

I guess I should have read this earleir - Hypothetically I would tell you to not worry about going back to the store, I got it all : ) I HATE those moments.

Krista said...

So you know this has totally happened to me... minus the whole sweet mother part... so anyways I didn't have one lick of payment on me! oops!! But I was lucky and someone there paid for everything I got at Target... your husband!! he showed up there right as I noticed I had NO payment!! So there are NICE people out there who save you... he just happened to not be there when you needed him. but FYI... If I was there I would have bought your stuff and creamed the person behind you making faces and sounds! WHAT A LOSER!!! THE PROTECTIVE SISTER IS COMING OUT IN ME AND LET ME SAY YOU DON'T MESS WITH ME WHEN I'M IN THIS MODE!!!