Last Saturday I went to a benefit concert for Christian, Stephanie, and Doug Kinneard's family. Mindy Gledhill came from Utah to perform. She was amazing!!! I bought two of her cd's. She has the most beautiful voice and her songs are so inspiring! She knew Stephanie from high school and had some really nice things to say about Nie Nie. She definitely gave me a little spiritual uplift.
Stephanie and Christian's girls, Claire and Jane, came out and sang a song with Mindy for their parents. They held hands and sang the sweetest lullaby. Then they had the whole auditorium sing the chorus along with them. The sweet spirit in that room was overwhelming. I don't think there was a dry eye in that auditorium. Once again, I felt so inspired to be a better person. Then they had two tributes with pictures. One for Stephanie and Christian, and one for Doug Kinneard. It was so beautiful.
This is my beautiful Mamma and her two sisters, Kristie and Patty Poo, and their cousin Mary Neilson (Christian's mom) Mary told us that Christian was able to come home that day. She told us about Christian being there when they unwrapped Stephanie's face. She said Stephanie looked around until she found Christian, and smiled. She said, he smiled back and told her how much he loved her. Then she told us how much harder Christian has been working at his therapy and in general. He is determined to get better for Nie. I am constantly inspired by their ongoing love story.
Logan was my date for the night. I was really glad we got to share that awesome experience together. He tied some yarn around his wrist that he got off of some Nie cookies we bought. He told me he was going to keep it on his wrist until Nie gets out of the hospital. I'm so thankful for Logan and his sweet heart. I think that is a great idea, buddy. Thanks for thinking of it.
This is Ava towards the end of the night. Her dress got all wet, so she was down to her bloomers and her headband. Luckily her Papa was snuggling her close to keep her warm. I think she was pretty much ready for bed at this point, what do you think?
This was definitely a night I will always remember. I'm so thankful I had the opportunity to be a part of this great event. I've made new commitments to be a better mother, wife, friend, sister and daughter. I hope one day, Stephanie especially, can know how many thousands of lives she's touched. I think anyone who's heard their story, is a little better person because of it.
If you'd like to read a GREAT article written about Stephanie and Christian, click here. It will be well worth your time, I promise :)
8 comments:
That is so cute that Logan thought of tying the string around his wrist until Stephanie gets out of the hospital. So sweet! I am so glad that we all got to be at the concert together to support the Nielson's and the Kinneards. It was such a great and inspiring night!
you got another tear out of me tara. :) so neat to hear their love stories!!!!
It was a superb night! I have a great family... Logan is a sweet boy and I love him, and you said I was your beautiful mamma, :) I love you for that and a lot of other stuff!!! Nie Nie's blog has inspired me also to want to be better at everything I am. We need to keep telling her story so she can inspire others as well, so... good job.
Glad the concert was a success! And I so LOVE your header pic! You have the cutest kids ever!!!
that story is so amazing...it made me cry!
That concert sounds like it was amazing!! How sweet of your Logan to tie a string around his wrist. Christian's sister Helena is in my ward. She is so sweet.
So sad we missed it!
What? Brooke said Helena is in her ward? I didn't know she lived on this side of town.
Also, Tara, I put the song of Claire and Jane on my post. Check it out.
Post a Comment