So we showed up at Logan's football game today..................it was on 2nd Street and McDowell....................mmhmm. I had 7 kids with me, I like to pick up strays. Anyways, the kids saw this big statue thingy and asked if they could run over and see it. I could see a couple of homeless guys laying at the base of it so I said, "No, you guys need to stay with me, there's a couple of hobos over there." Then I looked to my right and there were two homeless ladies sleeping right by my feet. "Um, kids, no one is allowed to leave my side, everyone hold hands and make a chain, I don't care if you look stupid, HOLD HANDS, everyone, now." Ok, I didn't make them hold hands, but I definitely thought about it. We got to the other side of the field where we were going to sit, and I looked around to see probably twenty or so homeless people all around us, and two cop cars driving right through the park on opposite sides, just making constant circles. Oh ya, this looks like a GREAT situation. So glad I have seven heads to keep track of. I heard the 'F' word more times in the hour and a half I sat there, than I think I have heard my whole life combined. All I could think about was getting everyone back in the car and driving back to my little bubble of happiness.
Oh ya, and Logan played AWESOME!! Here's of pic of him in action.
GO LOGAN!!!
(this story is not yet over, oh ya, there's more, scroll down, you'll see)
Ava Bean had fun, too!!! Go Big Brother!!!
When the game ended, we loaded up, all 8 of us, and headed for home sweet home. We just got out onto McDowell Rd and the car in the lane to the right of us (headed the same direction) decided to switch lanes..................without looking.
HE HIT US!!!
So now I have 7 kids, in the middle of the road, in the ghetto, in a car accident.
This just keeps getting better. I could see a guy, of a different ethniticity :), was driving the car, and there were a couple of other adults in the car and a kid. Then about 10 seconds after it happened, a cop car pulls up and escorts us to a nearby parking lot to work this out. The police officer just happened to be right there when it happened. He told me he saw what happened and he would be my witness, (I think he had a crush on me, so I took off my wedding ring............... just until I was sure the witness report was written out, geez, calm down) So the other guy SAID he had ins but didn't have a card, so, my sweet police officer friend said he would get on his PERSONAL cell phone and confirm that the other guy had ins. He would not rest until I was taken care of. See, the ring idea is lookin' pretty smart now, huh. The cop went to his car to check out the other guy, and all of the sudden the officer gets out of his car, very quickly, and grabs the guy from behind and cuffs him! I know he was trying to impress me and all, but whoa, he didn't have to go that far. He totally pats the guy down and puts him in the back seat. He yelled at the girlfriend to stay back away form the car. Then he came over to assure me of my safety. Ok, so I got my ring out and put it back on, Barney was freaking me out. Finally, my officer got all the insurance info from the other driver and gave it to me, along with his personal number in case I need anymore help. (J/K) So, with a screaming baby, two sets of twins and my QUIET, LAID BACK boys, we were back on our way home, tapping our heals, with our sparkly red shoes, chanting, there's no place like home.
Haley and Ava could hardly contain themselves, with all the excitement!
Oh, and in case you wondering, SUV beats little car. My front bumper has paint scraped across it and is a little out of whack, his ENTIRE front side of his car was dented in.
THAT'S RIGHT, SUCKA!!!
Oh, and the best part was when, Colton, was telling my dad the story of our night, and he told my dad that there were HOMOS all over the park..................ha ha ha, I calmly corrected him, hobos, buddy, hobos. Gotta love, Colton.
20 comments:
Oh My Gosh!! Tara, I got the first comment, I havent read it yet, but I had to jump at the oppertunity!
Okay, I read it, and no one commented since I did, fewf! Oh My Gosh!!! Okay I have to know why he handcuffed the guy! I HAVE to know!! You call that cop (with his personal number) and ask him!!
Brieson-I'm pretty sure I saw him on America's Most Wanted! So serious! I'm pretty sure my life was in grave danger! Thank heavens for my love struck officer! He totally saved my life! Seriously!
CRAZY! I'm glad you are all ok! Are you gonna be too sore for aerobics tomorrow???
NEVER!!!
Wait... Wait a minute... You've got seven kids in the car, and you think the officer might be concerned with the ring??? lol. That's good.
Glad no one was hurt...and Tara, try to keep the kids away from the homos.
B:
DARN those HOMOS. :) ahahha....what a freaky day! i'm with brieson...why was he arrested?!
I know a great body repair shop - for the car! :)
Go Logan,
You da man! I'm sure watching you play was worth all the adventure. Let me know when your games are and I will try to go.
--grandpa mcmurdie
Hey Tara, This is Stacey Corbin. I found your blog but dont quite remember who's blog I found it on. I'm in the early stages of Bloging and we all know that includes constant blog surfing, on and on till wee hours of the morning....That's not just me right?? Anyway, Your Ava is beautiful! You have such a sweet family! Hope you are all well and far away from the getto!
this is a very dangeous situation you got yourself into..i am a little concerned that your promises of a dance class are just wishful thinking if your going o be out risking your life like this...all i gotta say is dont let me down tara...i dont know you but i know you would feel bad if you did let me down. Your dance class is the only thing keeping me going LOL So stay safe,away from the ghetto and away from homos and americas most wanted ...and maybe away from carfulls of children those are dangerous enough
okay first off....what the heck, why would you have little kids play football in a place where 2 cop cars have to circle the whole time. RED FLAG!!!! bad choice to play with young children. Second of all...of course the officer had a crush you are beartiful, you probably didn't even have to lose the ring :) Third I am very glad your car won in the battle of the traffic jam! Fourth and last of all but definitely not least... I love Colton's homo comment!!
Wow!! My kids can't be in your carpool!! I love Colton. Way too funny:)
Way to go Logan!! Tara, sorry to hear about the accident and SO glad you have an SUV. Oh and happy belated birthday! I laugh so hard when I read your blog and wonder why you get to have such fun experiences :) I guess there will be no more going to ghetto town. That kind of sounds like the first line of a song. Luv you.
I can't believe you got out of the car, I would've rolled down the windows (only half way) and watched from the car. I'm totally not kidding.
That sounds like a pretty CRAZY DAY!!! Good story though!!! I love that Colton kept calling the hobo's homo's! :)
I guess it's safe for me to go for Aaron since you're hitting on cops?????
I think the hobos WERE homos... just kidding. Does anyone need a chiropractor? I know a good one and with Carla's reference for the car you are all set! No more trips to getto town, and what were you thinking taking SEVEN kids with you, don't you have enough with just your kids? However, there's power in numbers, right? Did you feel the power? ha ha ha.
Oh, My Word, Tara. What a day!! Someone was looking out for you for sure, because this had the potential of being so much worse!!! AND Colton is too cute!! Congrats to Logan, also!!
wow! you had an awesome post. I wish things of this dramatic and dangerous of a nature would happen to me once in a while--especially if the cop is helpful. I guess I will continue to live vicariously through you (and your blog). Here's wishing us many more adventures. :)
Post a Comment