background

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Puffy Paint Art Project

OK, I found this super easy art project on the 'flipflops and applesauce' blog!  Check out her blog for lots of family fun ideas! 

Mix 1 tablespoon of self rising flour
1 tablespoon of salt
add water until mixture is a paste
Separate mixture and add food coloring 
use q-tips to apply the paint (or, if you'd like to use Colton's technique, use your fingers)
make sure you use thick cardstock or cardboard

when they are done with their pic put it in the microwave for 30 seconds to a minute 
When it's in the microwave it puffs up!!!  The kids loved it!  It was so easy and this project seriously entertained my kids for an hour and a half!  I had to make them stop!  I give this project two SUPER BIG thumbs up!!!  Happy painting!

6 comments:

Krista said...

Hmmm... maybe grandma and I can do this... I think it would entertain me for an hour an half as well!!! Tell those kids I'm coming to see the masterpieces!!

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

LOL on Krista's comment!! That was hilarious! Cute craft idea! You're such a great mom!! I can't wait to have my kids and come over and make cute clips for our girls in The Clippy Club!! ha ha. Thanks for the invite, I feel so cool that I am part of a club! :)

Karla said...

Looks like so much fun!

Cheryl said...

I give the mom and those adorable kids two SUPER BIG thumbs up!!!!!

Cindy said...

Way to go supermom!!! By the way, how come I wasn't invited to be in the clippy club???

Tara said...

Cindy, EVERYONE is welcome in the clippy club!!! Plus, I totally think Rhegan needs some cute clippies for school! :)