
I can't believe my Colton is 9 years old. I remember the day the Dr. handed me this perfect little baby boy. You had strawberry blonde hair. Your Pa loved that, he had red hair as a young man, so he decided you belonged to him when he saw you had red in your hair. You had pale skin and great big eyes. My heart melted. You were the happiest little baby, always smiling and making everyone around you smile. You still do that.


Your big brother Logan could hardly wait for his little brother to get here. Once you were born he could hardly wait for you to be old enough to play with and wrestle with. It didn't take you long. You started to walk when you were 9 months old and you haven't stopped since. Even as a toddler your favorite things were riding horses and quads, roping, sword fights, sports, running, getting dirty, eating and laughing. Not much has changed! :) You and your brother have always had a special relationship. I can just see you in the pre-existence pacing back and forth asking when it was your turn to come down so you could be with your brother again. I love watching you two play together and listening to your cute conversations you have a night when you're supposed to be asleep. :)


You were the best snuggler in the whole world. I loved hugging and kissing you when you were little. I still do, I just have to be more sneaky about it. Your dad would sneak into your room when you were asleep at night and get you out of your crib and just snuggle you. Eventually you'd wake up and then he'd hand you to me to put back to sleep. I would constantly get after Dad for doing that, but deep down, I thought it was so sweet. (don't tell Dad)
You've always had such a special gift of making people feel good. I've had so many occasions when people have told me sweet little stories of how you touched their life or one of their children's lives. You are always sticking up for the little guy. If someone is ever hurt or crying, you are always the first to give and hug and help them to feel better. Anytime your sister, Gracie, is upset, she is usually crying for Coco to come to her rescue. I'm pretty sure it's because you make some inappropriate joke about poop or farts that makes her laugh. Either way, you're a great friend and brother to those around you.
You've always loved horses. As long as I can remember you've been on a horse. You would cry if Daddy or Papa got on a horse without you when you were little. There have been a couple times when I've gone looking for you and found you in a horse stall just laying on a horses back.


You have the best sense of humor. You can always make me laugh. Usually when we're in a hurry and I need you to get ready for something is when you decide to tease and make jokes. You definately got that trait from your Papa :)


You love the beach. You can body surf, skurf, body board and build a pretty impressive sand castle. I love watching you enjoy life the way you do.



Oh, and we can't forget hunting with Dad. Nothing like watching your face when Daddy comes home and tells you boys to get your guns to go shoot some birds. Anything in your way is knocked over as we watch your body move at lighting speed to get you hunting gear together. Oh how Dad loves spending time with his boys.
We love you so much, Colton! I'm so grateful to my Heavenly Father for entrusting me to be your mother. You bring so many blessings to our family and we would not be complete without you. I pray for you everyday and I know Heavenly Father loves you and is very proud of the righteous young man you are. Thank you for being my son. I love you to infinity and beyond! Happy 9th birthday, Baby!!!

We love you so much, Colton! I'm so grateful to my Heavenly Father for entrusting me to be your mother. You bring so many blessings to our family and we would not be complete without you. I pray for you everyday and I know Heavenly Father loves you and is very proud of the righteous young man you are. Thank you for being my son. I love you to infinity and beyond! Happy 9th birthday, Baby!!!

4 comments:
Colton is such a special boy. Love having him around. I'm proud to be his grandmother.
Colton you make life better for everyone you are with. When ever either of my girls are sad you are running to their ad. Thanks, love you!
Ok... this made me cry... and that's saying A LOT!! Because everything you said about him is totally the way he is!! He is seriously the MOST caring individual and he can make me laugh at a drop of a hat!! Love you Colt!!!
I am glad that I wasn't the only one who cried when I read this post about Colton. He is the sweetest most caring little guy I know and I am so lucky to have him as my nephew.. along with all of your other adorable kids!
Post a Comment