background

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sunday Dinner With The McMurdies

Today we went over to the Aaron's parent's house for Sunday dinner.  We had lots of fun hanging out with the family!  It was especially special because Aaron's Uncle Greg was in town from Texas visiting. Aaron has always looked up to his Uncle Greg and was very excited to be able to visit with him.  I had lots of fun talking with him, too.  I can see why Aaron loves him so much.  He's a great guy!  

We also had fun taking baby pics.  It was a little difficult to get them to cooperate for the pic.  This is about the only one where there wasn't a hand in the face or a baby crying.
So cute!!!  Love our cousins!
I was trying to talk all of my sister in laws into starting their own blogs.  I told them how much fun it would be to keep up with each other's families better and to see pictures of our families.  They all pretty much told me that they hated me and why would they want to keep up with our family. (I've decided I'm going to talk smack talk about all of them until they conform and join the blogging world:)  Aaron's OLDEST sister's exact words were, "I don't read your blog thingy."  Well that's good to know.  I guess that means I can say pretty much whatever I want about you then :)  
I would also like to thank my sweet children for not acting like crazy wild animals that were just released from their cages!  Really, it's so nice to just go to someone's house and not to worry about my children injuring everyone around them and seriously acting like they were just injected with some kind of crazy drug, that makes you act............crazy.  I wish my sister in laws would get control of their kiddos.  Man they were off the wall crazy.  Maybe I could teach them how to raise their children to be calm and sweet like my little angels.  I could even do a whole post on my "blog thingy" for them to read about my child raising skills.  I'll bring that up at the next FHE.  Here's my sweeties being calm in Grandma and Grandpa's back yard.
Nice throw, Jared!  
Too bad your mom doesn't read my "blog thingy" so you could see your pic :(
Gracie having fun with her cousins.  Nice ears Jake!
Daddy and Ava kickin' back on the porch.  Love this weather!
I told Aaron's uncle about how I never blog about the crazy, slightly stressful side of our lives.  I like to give the illusion that I'm the perfect mom with perfect children. (pretty sure everyone's buying it)  I would never blog about things like Logan and Colton having wedgie wars.  I would especially never take of pic of Colton's victory while Logan is yelling, "Don't take a pic mom, I know you'll blog it!"  What, like I would want the world to know my boys have wedgie wars and like I would want the world to know I forced you to turn around even though you were begging me not to take a pic for my blog.  Nope, I keep those moments secret.  
I only blog about our perfect, peaceful lives.
Thanks for the great fun, Grandma and Grandpa!  We had lots of fun catching up with you Uncle Greg! Maybe next time we can come see you in Texas!  
Oh, and hope all of my OLDER sister in laws conform soon!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a perfectly normal family, I too, would never blog about the things that happened at our house (and really that isnt a lie, when we do wedgie wars, the whole family joins in!)


Oh... ps- what did you write on Christine's blog but erase, I have to know if it was about that polish guy -or where ever he was from!

Cheryl said...

Looks like Logan needs some new under-roos! How come the little darlins' don't behave themselves that well at MY house? Now see sisterS-in law (like bookS of mormon), I would never have known how well behaved my grandkids act at other people's houses if I didn't read Tara's blog thingy.

corbin6 said...

This blog thing rocks. It's inspiring to know that my kids are not the only crazy one's out there. I love your halloween costumes. Colton - you are hilarious! And oh, I totally stole your comic stip and stuck it on my blog. It was my laugh out loud for the day!

Jaime and Brent said...

It is always better to give than receive...especially when it comes to wedgie wars...:)

Brent

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

I couldn't believe my eyes when Colton gave Logan a wedgie! That is so out of his character! They are the most mellow and calm kids I have ever met! Maybe they ate sugar or something! ha ha

I was glad I got to hold little Ava Bean last night! She is so cute and cuddly!

Shelly Rowlan said...

Tara. This is an emergency! Okay, kind of an emergency. I have this great idea (which means it involves other people). ANyway, I was wondering if you could choreograph a dance for 8 waiters again, like you did for "Dance through the Decades",BUT to a Christmas song--really upbeat, happy, Christmas song. I will send details with Brieson.
Then you can consider and reply.

Candi said...

Hey Tara and Aaron,Its Cody.
Ok track this...I got to your blog through april ashton who was in our previous ward and she had a link to one of her brothers.and it linked to you.Confused??I guess any way here I am...Wow your kids are big..I usually see them at marys halloween thing. but that didnt go down this year so..oh well.Tell aaron i said hi..I am doing this undercover job so i dont really see anyone on the street at work anymore, he probably thinks i got fired. Nope still here. Candi is about to give birth to our third any day, so we are excited. You have a great family and its good to see you doing well.

Christy and Petyl said...

my goodness it truley inspires me as a mom to see your little "angels" one day i can only hope for amazing little weggie givers of my own! it makes me so excited just thinkin about it!

W.W. said...

Pffff!

barryblog said...

Once again I say that Logan is going to sit on you later for posting a pic like that for all of us to laugh at. Oh, and aren't we all perfect moms??

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, I'm behind on blogging but thought I'd leave you a note to tell you that you make me laugh out loud in your blog!! And by the way...LOVE LOVE LOVE all the new pics of your kiddos, they are awesome and your kids all have the most beautiful eyes (taking after their momma of course)!! Great job, where did you do the pics, the location is so fun!!

Krista said...

Your boys take after Aaron and Todd... that's all I have to say about that matter...hahaha!!

Patty's Place said...

I love your crazy kid!! Looks like you had a fun time.

Patty's Place said...

I love your crazy kid!! Looks like you had a fun time.