Aaron's out of town, so the kids and I have been flying solo. Well, not really solo, because there's five of us, but, you know what I mean. So, I'm doing a post for him so he can see our exciting Friday and Saturday without him.
Friday evening we went to the school's Book Fair Safari! The kids had a great time. We bought some fun books to read. Ate our gourmet picnic dinner, Sonic, and played lots of fun games. Of course the night wouldn't be complete without me watching how high Bubby can get on the swings. I was informed that this particular swing is a special one. Apparently everyone wants to swing on this one because you can go extra high on it. As a matter of fact, everyone in line counts to 20, then you have to get off. Even though there are two other swings right next to it. Well, I can tell you that Bubby was swinging SO SUPER high on this swing!!! She was TOTALLY freaking me out!!! I guess it really is a special swing!
Not so high, Bubby!!!
Looks like we've got a crazy driver behind the wheel!!!
Colton's got his crazy face on! Apparently he's roasting this croc for dinner!
Liv and Gracie have a better idea. They're roasting Colton for dinner with the croc!
Then, early this morning, Paige came over for her hair appointment. She had a very important photo shoot and needed to look her best. She was so cute. I even got the down low on all the Conner family secrets. Hee hee, I'll save those for later. I think Paige looks beautiful for her shoot, what do you think?
Gracie had just woken up when I was taking pictures and of course jumped in! Two little cuties!!!
Then it was off to basketball games. All three kids had games, but for some reason, I only took some pics of Gracie at hers. Oops, next time I'll do better. Everyone played awesome! Whoop whoop! It's probably a good thing Aaron wasn't there today. He might have been a little embarrassed of me. Especially at Colton's game. I don't know what came over me, I'm SO not competitive, but for some reason I couldn't stay seated.............or quite. I'm pretty sure all my yelling from the sidelines helped them play better, so, your welcome Colton's team.
Basketball buddies!
Then we decided to have a movie night. Since Aaron was out of town, I decided to buy us four new movies. MMMMM HMMMM. I'm not even scared. He's going to be SO excited. About as excited as I was that he went out of town ALL weekend without me.
We pretty much ate popcorn (like 4 bags), candy, and these delectable apple cinnamon muffins I made from scratch. (and when I say scratch, I of course mean from the box mix I got at the store) MMMMMMMM, they were yummy!!!
Then we all snuggled up on the couch and started our movie marathon. The boys and I watched 'The Hulk' while Gracie enjoyed 'Barbie, A Christmas Carol' in the other room. Then we all watched 'Get Smart'. We lost Gracie sometime during that one. We ended the night with, 'Kung Fu Panda', which is seriously one of my very favorite movies. So funny! I lost both of the boys right at the end of that one. I'm too tired to carry them to their beds, so, yipee, the kids GET to sleep on the couches tonight. They are so lucky :)
That is my forehead next to Colton. That is also the closest the blogging world will ever be to seeing my clean, non makeup face. Enjoy :)
Can't wait for you to come home tomorrow, babe. I plan on giving you the biggest hug and kiss, and then leaving you with ALL the kids while I lock myself in our bedroom and take a nap. Here's to tomorrow!
14 comments:
I feel ya girl! I used to HATE when Adam traveled almost every week for work. I was SO happy when he finally got a job where he rarely travels. Sounds like you're making the best of it!
aw this sounds like a great weekend even tho the daddy was gone!
Logan was talking about the Hulk movie today in Primary...Yeah, you can guess how much we learned today!!
You do all the fun stuff when I'm out of town! Can I borrow Kung Fu Panda? Oh, and will you help me can 60 lbs. of green beans tomorrow? Pleeeeeese!! Vacation's over..now the real fun begins!
Sounds like a fun weekend!! I am so glad you got some fun movies for me to borrow :) Aaron you missed out, Tara you are a awesome mom!!
by the way the 2nd comment from "Cheryl" is Brianne and this comment hee, hee
Cheryl, I'll help you can 60lb. of green beans tommorrow! How hard could it be? Anyway, Tara - Colton's "Crazy Face" is really starting to freak me out - I cant stop looking - Tara! Help! I really cant stop! Oh NO! ahhhhh!
such an AWESOME busy fun-filled fam!!!! even without the hubster!!!
You impress me with all you go and do with 4 kids and no hubby! Your kids are so cute!
Good for you Tara, can I come next time! Isn't Get Smart so funny, I almost peed my pants.
Wow! You guys had a very fun and eventful weekend together! I don't know if I have ever watched FOUR movies in a row! Thats awesome! Movie marathon baby! Get Smart is so hilarious! Glad you guys had so much fun together!
You're such a fun mom! I haven't seen Kung Fu Panda yet but Get Smart was hilarious.
You're such a fun mom! I haven't seen Kung Fu Panda yet but Get Smart was hilarious.
"WHAT IS THAT HORRENDOUS SMELL??"
"FEAR"
I LOVE THAT LINE FROM GET SMART!!! LOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS HAD A REALLY FUN WEEKEND!!
Post a Comment