background

Monday, December 15, 2008

Reading Rocks!!!

Gracie was given an award this morning at the school's morning assembly.  It was for 'Great Improvement In Reading'  Gracie's teacher, who is so wonderful, told me that in the beginning of the school year when she tested Gracie in reading, Gracie read 8 words in the alloted time frame.  When her teacher gave her the same test a couple of weeks ago, Gracie read 89 words in that same amount of time.  Gracie's teacher said she's never seen a student make such a drastic improvement in reading like that.
Apparently she wasn't aware that Pookie is BRILLIANT!!!
Way To Go, Baby!!!
Here's Ava snug as a bug, in her stroller, while the rest of us were freezing out in the cold.  I kept peeking in at her and she kept giving me the cutest little smiles every time I did. 
 Ava's so proud of her super duper awesome reading big sister!!!

8 comments:

Briannon said...

Its probably all that sign language that I was teaching her, that always makes people read better...fyi-ava looks fat in that picture! what did you do start feeding her?

Cheryl said...

Your little 'Pookie' IS brilliant!!! She's so flippin' cute, too!!!!! I love Ava's pic also. (and she does look bigger... did she decide to grow overnight?)

jmcmurdie said...

Way to go Gracie Kay! We love you and our so proud of your accomplishments. I think your wonderful mommie and daddy need to be given an award too! Thanks for being such good parents. All my grandchildren are perfect and wonderful!!!!!!!! Ava you will be in school too and Gracie can show you the ropes. What cute cute pictures of the girls! I love you all. grandma and grandpa

Krista said...

GOOD JOB GRACIE!!!!! You're AWESOME!!! I LOVE you so much!!!! Keep up the good work!! And Ava bean looks sooooo cute!! I just want to snuggle that baby!!!

Brianne said...

WAY TO GO GRACIE!!! I am sooooooooooo proud of you!! I also love the great pic of Ava bean and that adorable blankie :) hee, hee

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

Good job Pookie Bear! You are so smart! That picture of Ava is so dang cute! I want a copy of that picture!!!

Karla said...

Go Gracie!!! Wooohooo!

barryblog said...

Ava looks so cute!!! Way to go Gracie!!