background

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Visit To The Hospital

Yesterday Colton decided to give his mom and Dad mild heart attacks.  
(According to Aaron, I may have also had a slight panic attack:)
We got a call from Colton's school letting us know that he had fainted and fallen face first onto the concrete.  This has never happened before and it was very scary.  Luckily, Aaron was actually home yesterday and we both rushed down to the school to get him.  When we got there he had a nice big goose egg on the top of his head and a bloody tongue.  His front teeth are sore, but it looks like they are all in tact.  Thank goodness.  We took him to the hospital where he had several tests done. The tests didn't take long to do, but the results took an EXTRAORDINARILY LONG TIME to get back.  
Six hours into this ordeal, we were told that most likely, he was extremely dehydrated.
Needless to say, this morning I made him drink a big glass of water before school, and I gave him a VERY LARGE water bottle that needs to be empty by the time he gets home.
It was a long day, but I am so very grateful that Colton is ok.  While we sat by his bed, waiting for the results to come back, I felt completely overwhelmed with how much I love him.  He's so full of life.  I couldn't even imagine what my life would be like without him in it.  
He was very brave throughout the whole ordeal, but I must admit, I did enjoy him reaching out for my hand when he had his blood drawn, and was feeling a little scared. 
 He may be getting older, but he's still my little man. 
 I'm also very thankful to my Mom and my sister.  Krista came right down to the hospital and picked up the baby for us, even though I'm pretty sure she had to be somewhere else at the time.  My Mom, who isn't feeling well herself, took all three of the kids and kept them safe for me until we were done.  She even helped with homework, which is SO much fun to do.  I'm so very grateful to my Heavenly Father for blessing my life with such wonderful family and friends.  I'm especially grateful to my Heavenly Father for watching over my Colton yesterday.  
It was a scary day, but it was also very good day.

15 comments:

Pam said...

SCARY!!
I'm so glad Colton is fine.

Lacey said...

I'm so glad Colton is okay. Keep pouring the water down him though :) What a little trooper!

Cheryl said...

He scared us all!! I'm so glad he's okay. Make sure when you tell him that his water better be gone by the time he get's home from school that you also tell him HE must DRINK it! I've learned you MUST be specific. :P

The McLaws Family said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. I'm glad he is OK. There is nothing worse when it's your child! Don't scare your mother like that Colton.

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

Whoa, that is so scary! I am so glad that he is okay!!! I didn't know that happened! Drink up little guy!!!

ikathy said...

I know that must have scared you so much. So why was he dehydrated anyway? You don't have to answer that--I just wondered if you knew why exactly?

Jaime and Brent said...

Sounds to me like Colton may need to reduce the level of fun at school. You see, I think he was playing "so hard" that the emotional gratification and spiritual enlightenment was too much for the mortal body to handle... :)

Funny...I remember running, then hitting the ground, and having an enormous goose egg on my forehead when I was in elementary school, too. I still never found out who stuck that pole in front of me....Dang that pole!

Glad Colton's OK!

B:

*JULIA* said...

That is scary Tara! I'm glad Aaron was home to go with you. Tell Colton that TROOP 423 is soooo glad hes okay!

Joe and Dawn said...

That's way scary. Tell Colton we hope he gets feeling better real soon! We're thinking of you:)

danielle said...

Scary, Glad it turned out to be nothing serious.

Candi said...

That is very scary...I'm pretty sure I would have had a panic attack too. Glad he's ok. It's great to have family to help in a pinch!

Brianne said...

I'm so glad he is doing better!! He scared me so much when mom called to tell me what happened!! Colton you better drink so much water you feel it bulging out of you eyes :) I love you buddy!!!

Krista said...

I'm so thankful that Colt is ok!! And ya, he better drink a LOT of water or I'm going to go to school with him and embarrass him in some way! Don't tempt me Colt... you know I'll do it!! Love you guys!!!

Kristie said...

How scary for everyone, I'm so glad Colton is OK.

J + A = K & J said...

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only mom who takes pictures of her kids in the hospital. Jake and I were debating whether or not we were horrible parents for doing it. I'm glad to hear that Colton is okay!