background

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Afternoon Carpool

I'm in charge of the afternoon carpool with my children and some my friends kids every day after school.  I wish I could record the conversations that go on during our short long drive home.  Here are a few blurps (I don't even know if that is a word :) from our drive today:

Haley: I'm sitting next to Ava!!!
Colton: No, I'm sitting next to Ava, you sat next to her yesterday!!!
Haley: Nu Uh!!!!
Hanna: I called her first!!!
Gracie: Whatever guys, I'm ALREADY sitting by her!
Logan: You guys fight over Ava every single day!!!

Haley: Seriously, it totally tasted like feces and maggots!
me: Um, really???  When was the last time you partook of feces and maggots exactly???
Haley: Ha ha ha, you're so funny, Tara!  You totally don't want to know how I know what that tastes like!
me: Um, you're right, I don't

Colton: OMG!  You know Nick from school, he said he didn't even like Chris's haircut today!?!
Hanna: Colton, no offense, but pretty much all of your friends are stupid and don't know what they're talking about.  Except you :)  But, the rest of your friends, STUPID!
Colton: I know!  I try to tell them!

all the kids talking over the tops of each other:  Ha ha ha, say I'm walking down the street and a bad guy comes and I'm like, I've got a pistol, ha ha ha, he'd run!
No, ha ha ha, I'd be like I have a rifle, ha ha ha, he'd really run then, ha ha ha
GUYS, GUYS, GUYS (trying to be heard over everyone) No, I'VE got a double shotgun, ha ha ha
I've got a BAZOOKA!!!  I know he'd run from that!!!  HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

Colton: Ha ha, Logan, why were you in opportunity club today???  (Said extra innocent, like he didn't realize he was saying it right in front of me.  Very sneaky)
Logan: Dude, be quiet! (actually he said shut up, but I'm just pretending like he used nicer words)

This was the best one.  We can never, ever, drive home without this topic somehow being brought up before we get home.  Never.

OH MAN, WHO FARTED???
Colton:  Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Logan:  Seriously, that smells like rotten eggs and butt ( He makes me so proud.  I just love his describing adjectives)
Hanna: That wasn't me.  I did it at school today, though.  Ha ha ha ha ha ha.
Colton: Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Haley: I farted on my dog last night, and he totally got up off the couch and went outside!  Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
Me: Ok, everyone stop.  That's enough. ( Not even a pause in the disgusting/inappropriate conversation)
Zac:  Ha ha ha!  I think it was me! (think???)
Colton: Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Gracie: (in tears) EVERYONE BE QUIET!!!  I'M TRYING TO WATCH MY MOVIE!
Oh, ya, there is definitely a movie going on in the background too.

This is just a small fraction of what I listen to ALL the way home.  After what seems like an hour or so, (15 min) we finally pull up to the first house, and I try not to sound to eager as I tell each child as they get out at their home, GOODBYE.

I don't think ANY workout that I've EVER done has come close to wearing me out as much as carpool does.   I think I need to invest in some really good ear plugs in order to make it through the next umpteen years of carpooling.  Ugh!  I'm tired just thinking about it.

15 comments:

Jaime and Brent said...

That's so funny... And I thought it was just mine. I crack up everytime we are in the car just listening to the kids in the back. Believe it or not, it makes my day (but I dont get to do it everyday like you...dang it). You're right though... the "fart" conversation always comes up... Unfortunately in our case, my boys are so proud when they fart and it's normally not a matter of who farted cause they rip'em of so dang loud that you can hear the skidders staining their shorts, and everyone already knows who was. All the kids just die laughing. And even though the whole car knows who it was, they have to remind the driver, "Hey Dad, ha ha ha....I tooter pootered." It really is funny when my 2 year old says it. Of course, then others feel left out and start trying to contribute their own piece of the party. Got to love'em.

B:

The McLaws Family said...

This is really funny! It brings back memories of my childhood. I can relate to Gracie, "Just shut up and let me watch my movie!" Real Good:)

Tara said...

Wow Brent, guys really never grow out of enjoying those types of conversations, do they??? I could hear you laughing just reading your comment :)

Cheryl said...

Ya, remember the FIRST time you TRICKED me into doing your carpool? All the DETAILS you left out? Ya, I love carpool, the older kids were actually better than the younger kids carpool... ya.. I've done both... many times! :)

Carla said...

You can learn so much from carpool conversation. I think you need to write a book!

ikathy said...

Funny, funny, funny. And like I said in the last comments on your blog--These are the best years of your life, when you are the mother of small children. Enjoy it.

Brianne said...

NOW THAT WAS PRICELESS!!!! I am laughing so hard there are tears streaming down my face!! Billy was laughing quite hard at these comments. I think he was especially laughing because he has had that same kind of conversation at one point or another in his life. Most likely mulitple times!! :) Thanks for the entertainment!! Can't wait for carpools :) hee, hee

Linda's Latest said...

Well, that just goes to prove again that kids say the darndest things. That's what I love most about them. It just makes me laugh all the time at what they say!

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

That was hilarious! At least they are not boring and they are entertaining! ha ha. My favorite was when Colton very innocently asked Logan why he was in the Opportunity Club that day! ha ha. :)

Patty's Place said...

How fun for you!! I can only image what carpooling would be like, well now I don't have to actually since you made it so vivid. That was priceless!

jmcmurdie said...

Tsra, At least you know your kids are normal. Seems they are all on the same wave length. What ever that is all about. One just has got to love them! mom mcmurdie

Krista said...

Hahahaha!! That's funny stuff!! I LOVE these conversations... I'm usually the one that starts them... maybe that's why you don't invite me along to pick them up. haha!!! j/k!!

barryblog said...

That is classic!! Can Charlee join your carpool. She would look like an angel. All my kids talk about is poop in the car. There seems to be alot of giggling back there, too. I guess I can see a glimpse into the future!!

The Pritchard Party said...

Haha! That WAS funny. I'd have to agree with Erin, I like Colton's comment. I totally used to do that to my brother "Jacob, stop hitting me" speaking towards the room my parents are in instead of him :o).

The Pritchard Party said...

Haha! That WAS funny. I'd have to agree with Erin, I like Colton's comment. I totally used to do that to my brother "Jacob, stop hitting me" speaking towards the room my parents are in instead of him :o).