background

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Little Acts of Service

It's been a rough week.  Ava, Aaron, and Colton have all been sick.  Ava's definitely had it the worst.   I feel so bad for her.  She just wants me to hold her and snuggle her, and of course, never ever sit down with her.  I called my mom a couple of days ago, and admitted to her that I hadn't showered in a day and a half, and my hair hadn't been washed in way longer than that, (I probably could have started dreads, which might have been cool)  and my sweet little baby screamed bloody murder of I dared set her down.  So, my mama came over and held my little pookie poo so that I could shower and then assisted me in bathing the wee one too.  Ava was, of course, so sweet and happy while my mom was here, I'm sure my mom thought I was a big fat liar.  It was a very nice little break.  Thanks Mommacita!!!

On Saturday I went and picked up our produce basket and their were some delicious plums in it.  So, I very nonchalantly mentioned to Aaron how much I love his plum jam :)
Sunday afternoon, my awesome husband canned 5 pints of the most delicious plum jam ever!
I love my canning hubby!!! 
Today when I got home from aerobics, I was greeted by shiny clean floors that my hubby mopped without me even asking him!  My house smelled so clean!
Thank you, thank you, thank you, babe!  You're the best!
Now I just need to mention the toilets to him, and maybe...............................................

9 comments:

Cindy said...

No P.S. on this post Tara???

Tara said...

Cindy - I don't know what you're talking about, and even if I did, I would still say I don't know what you're talking about :)

Jaime and Brent said...

Ughhh... I feel your pain. There is nothing worse than a sick child, especially the baby. I hope she feels better soon.

B:

Cheryl said...

You know the funny thing is that I'M THE ONE WHO LOOKS SICK!! Could I look any worse without makeup? It does make Ava look pretty good though. She was a pleasure, as always, to hold (unless, I guess, you're doing it 24/7). What a sweet hubby you have. I might mention a few things around my house that need to be done. :D

Linda's Latest said...

Aren't moms great? Usually we are so happy to help out, too. That makes it even better, I guess.
Hope everyone is feeling better now.

danielle said...

That's the worst when your kids are sick. I hate it it breaks my heart. Maybe Nate will sneak a peak at your blog and get a bright idea lol I can hope C:

Megs said...

How sweet of your Hubby!!!(and your mom) :) Those little surprises are so great! Hope your kids are feeling better!

ikathy said...

Aaron is so sweet to help you like that! And Cheryl was the perfect mom (as usual) (and Cheryl looks great in those pictures, by the way) AND last of all--Ava always looks happy (usually she's smiling, though) and I've never seen such big eyes! Cute, cute, cute!!

katie said...

If I bring my plums over will they magically turn into plum jam? They certainly don't at my house : )