My poor children.
I got some last minute groceries last night, and in a moment of temporary weakness, I bought something for my children I've apparently never bought before.
Doughnuts
They were SO EXCITED. They kept telling me how much they loved me and they couldn't wait to eat them. I told them they could have them for breakfast in the morning and they were like, what, you eat doughnuts for breakfast??? Then Logan, my oldest, asks me, "Do you just eat doughnuts plain, or do you eat them with milk, or what???"
Um, ya, my kids apparently have never had doughnuts before.
I explained to Logan you can eat them either way, they're both yummy. As soon as I told him that, he ran over to Colton and shared his new found wisdom.
This morning when I woke them up for school, which is normally a very painful job, all three children jumped out of bed and quickly got dressed, so excited to indulge in their scrumptious breakfast.
I guess it really is the little things in life that can bring the most joy :)
Oh, and the best part is, after they were done eating and getting their things together for school, Colton looked at me and said,
"Man, doughnuts don't make you feel very good after you eat them, do they."
Well said, son :)
11 comments:
Oh my gosh!!! That is so hilarous!! That is so funny that Logan is asking how you eat them and then runs to share the great news with Colton! :) I love the picture of Gracie LICKING the powder off her hands. It looks like their faces are saying "Manna from heaven!!" Enjoy kids!!
Thanks for finding me on facebook. It is fun to see you have a blog. Your kids are so cute. I can't believe how muh they have grown. Glad to see you are well and busy with all FOUR of your kiddos.
That is so cute and a great lesson to be taught there, too!. Thanks to Colton! Words of wisdom from the mouth of babes!!!! (Don't tell him that I said "babes" about him--it wasn't meant that way. I know he's not a baby nor a babe!) He's cute but not to be referred to (yet) as a babe (some cute girl someday can call him that).
That IS a deprived life! I'd die without doughnuts..... no seriously.
Happy they got to have their first doughnut experience :)
Wow you have got to be the coolest mom ever to let your kids eat doughnuts for breakfast! That is awesome! They looked like they were in heaven! I love how they are dipping them in champaigne glasses! That will definitely be something they will always remember! ha ha :)
But I have to agree with Colton... they don't make you feel to good after eating them!
Hahahaha!! I'm shocked that they have NEVER had doughnuts before!!! So funny that they didn't even know how to eat them!!! And yes... you NEVER feel good after eating them! :)
I think I better call CPS!
I thought you would have shared that great breakfast with them before now. Were you trying to live your life vicariously through them or something? Tara? Gracie's face says it all!! Thank goodness for the 'not so good feeling' after you eat them.
ahhhh----donuts...i LOVE donuts---your kids had a NEW EXPERIENCE--its like the new Christmas! colton must have had a couple donys to feel the down side of it! but theyre SO worth it!
ps. i worked at krispy kreme in hs...and still love donys even after seeing the sugary process. :)
Jaxson used to think that we took Charlee to school and then went to Walmart for doughnuts. This is usually the plan when I am pregnant:)
Real Good:)
Post a Comment