background

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Late Night Concerts

This is how I find Aaron and our kids on a regular basis.  I love it.  I will hear the guitar being played and I love to sneak around the corner to watch him playing and the kids laying contently listening.  This was Ava's very own personal concert.  She ended up falling asleep to his playing.  I know how she feels.  That's one of my favorite ways to fall asleep, too.

13 comments:

Cheryl said...

One night after being at your house, I heard this wonderful serenading going on. I couldn't even pay attention to what we were doing, as I was so enthralled with 4 children being perfectly content to hear their father play and sing softly to them before bed. It truly is one of my favorite memories.

Patty's Place said...

Wow! That is so sweet.

jmcmurdie said...

Aaron the next time you come to visit bring your guitar. We want to be serenaded too! Ava looks very content. We love you all! mom

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

That is so precious. What a cute picture of Ava listening to her daddy sing and play the guitar for her!

Gates & Tausha said...

ahhhhh...i love the guitar! :) what a great pic. :)

happy late birthday aaron!!!!!!

(and i LOVE those snow pics...gracie's the cutest snow bunny!)

The McLaws Family said...

Sooo Cute! I love the guitar too.

Krista said...

Was he playing her the booger song??? haha!! j/k!! That is seriously sooo cute!!

Brianne said...

One of the days that I was at your house for the Itty Bitty dance classes I came into your room and Aaron was doing this same thing for Ava then too and she drifted so quickly. You could tell she was so content to be with her favorite guy ever and hearing him singing to her! That is a great daddy daughter moment!

ikathy said...

That is so sweet--Ava looks so relaxed, like she knows what a great guy her dad is and she feels so safe and happy and relaxed. Tell Aaron I'm impressed and also tell him "Happy Birthday" late.

Karla said...

That is so sweet... That will be something that they will always remember.

katie said...

I think we just found our entertainment for our next big party!!

Brenna said...

That is the sweetest thing ever! My dad use to do that & its one off my fondest memories of him! What a cool dad Aaron is!

Brooke said...

That is the sweetest thing ever....what wonderful memories they will have...