I love Christmas break with the kids all home! We had so much fun these last two weeks. It's been great just being together and not having to get up early for school or having to do homework at night. Last week we had a great day of shooting with friends.
Here's Gracie shootin' Bree's awesome PINK gun! It was the only gun Gracie would touch, you know, because it was pink. She was a pretty good shot, too. I know Bree loved taking turns helping Ben and Gracie shoot over and over again. Thanks Bree!


Oh, and this fun day wouldn't have been complete without Gracie hitting "the stance" at least once. This was the, I want to shoot the pink gun again and so I'm going to fold my arms and actually produce real tears until someone (Bree) lets me shoot again, stance. It worked, so, I'm pretty sure she learned a great lesson about throwing tantrums.
And we all felt super safe all day, because The Big J was packin' heat! Whew, thanks for keepin' us safe, Julia.
Gracie was a little dare devil!
She went off of the highest hills with no fear. Once we turned around and she was gone. We finally saw her with a sled in one hand making the trek up the tallest hill there was. She literally had to crawl up on her hands and knees at one point. When she got to the top there was a teenage girl up there contemplating whether or not she was actually going to go down, and Gracie just plopped her sled down and asked the girl if she would give her a push. Gracie flew down the hill like lightning. She even hit a jump and landed it. I was freaking out. People all around us were pointing her out. The teenage girl told me that she knew she was going to have to go down after a 6 year old just showed her up. Oh, Gracie, although I almost had a heart attack, I sure love your fearless personality.
Here's Logan taking off on one of the jumps he found. He was having a blast finding higher and higher jumps that would cause his mother to freak out. So being the great mom I am, I took pictures.
And here's Logan biffing it............................um, Logan, I told you so :)
Little Bean and I chillin'
Colton taking a little break
Here's Ava discovering snow for the first time.
I think she liked it :) Don't worry, we only pushed her down the little hills.
Overall it's been a great couple of weeks. I'm actually sad my kids have to go back to school tomorrow. Oh well, spring break will be here before we know it :)
10 comments:
I think it's funny how the 'MOM' likes the break from homework and gettin' up early. And I love how you are already looking forward to spring break. Your family does a lot of fun things together. That's great, it'll be 'glue' for your family.
That is so great that you guys did so many fun things together as a family over Christmas break! Gracie kills me! That is so funny that she was so fearless of the steep hills! Picturing her flying down the hill on a sled catching air makes me laugh! ha ha.
So sad I missed out on all the fun...next time : ) I love the pic of Ava on the sled...she is so cute!
Oh What Fun, I can't believe Ava's sitting up, I feel like I'm missing out! I need to see you guys soon!
These are all such great pics! Gracie the little dare devil!! I also love that you got a pic of Logan in the middle of a biff! Also how can I not mention how much I lvoe the picture of Little Bean on the sled sitting up! She is so blasted cute!!!
What a cute family! I love seeing your blog Tara! I love knowing what a happy family you all are. Thanks for sharing your day.
love mom
i like how you really cant see the gun julia has in her pants, instead it looks like she is pulling out a wedgie! lol
I must tell you that even though I don't comment on all your blog postings I read every one of them. You capture the essense of your family perfectly and it is so fun to share in these memories with you. Thank you for taking the time to keep up your blog. Love you!!
Have I told you lately how much I love it when you take pics of my butt???
Looks like a blast. I love going to the snow for a day, then coming back to the heat (I don't do cold very well). Good ole AZ. Gracie's beenie is kickin'. Love it.
B:
Post a Comment