background

Friday, August 21, 2009

The Midway

While we were in San Diego this summer we took a tour of the battleship Midway.
It was so much fun!  The kids really enjoyed learning all the cool facts about the Midway and seeing how they lived on the ship :)
They all got to sit in real fighter jets and try out all the cool buttons.........
Things started to get a little scary when Gracie figured out how to start her jet.......
(she's brilliant)
Especially for Colton who was in the back.
Hold on, buddy!
Then, Logan and Colton thought they would give it a go too.
Naughty, naughty, naughty.....
After being tried in the Mommy Court for their misdoings, they were sentenced to 5 minutes in the brig.
(I've seriously got to get one of these in my house)
I was definitely double doggy dared to sit on the toilet in one of the rooms....
and if you'll notice, I did not line the seat with toilet paper :)
Nap time was wonderful, I was able to get so much cleaning done while they were down.
But the best thing about our visit to The Midway was definitely all the wonderful new friends we made.
We still keep in touch via email :)
It was a great day on The Midway!

4 comments:

*JULIA* said...

After going through all your past posts this month I think I have about 10 different ideas of where you could have picked up your mystery illness.
I am so glad I stayed home most of the summer and didn't go to all these germ infested places.I love the pics of Logan and Colton with their shorts pulled up being crazy.

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

Should have lined that toilet seat with paper... I think
julia is right on...

Cheryl said...

I'm thinking the Brig might be a good home investment... just a thought.

Julianne said...

I hope you have washed those jeans!