background

Thursday, June 11, 2009

One Year Old!!!



Ava Lynn's 1st Birthday!!!
Ok, I'll try not to cry while I type this, but, I guess you wouldn't know whether or not I was crying anyways, so................ I'll probably cry after all.
My little Bean is 1 year old!
Where did the year go???  It seems like I just had you and brought you home.  You have brought so much joy into our family.  I don't know if a baby has ever been adored the way we adore you.  It took a while to get you here.  We prayed as a family for several years that you would one day join us.  Heavenly Father had a special plan for you and we were so ecstatic when the time was finally right for you to come.  I don't think anyone could have been as excited as your big sister, when she found out she was going to get her little sister she had prayed so hard for.  Your big brothers tried to convince her that they had prayed for a brother before she prayed for a sister, therefore you would be a boy.   Gracie was just devastated.  But oh the joy when the Dr. informed us you were a girl.  Gracie gloated that obviously Heavenly Father hears her prayers louder than he hears the boys prayers.  Not quite the best lesson regarding prayer, but still very cute :)

From the day you were born, you have been the sweetest baby ever!
You sleep through the night, and have from just a few months old on.  You are always smiling and happy.  You hardly ever cry.  Lately you have learned how to tease and find it quite enjoyable.  Sometimes I just want to devour you, you're so deliciously sweet and perfect.

You're still trying to master walking, but I'm sure it won't be long.  You walk yourself around on every piece of furniture we have.  My favorite thing you do, is you'll be playing and all of the sudden stop and crawl over to Daddy or I and give us kisses.  Just like you wanted to tell us you love us, and then you'll go back to playing.  Ugh!  That's definitely my favorite :)  You LOVE playing tag.  You get laughing so hard when we chase you that you can't even crawl and you get the hiccups.  So cute!  You also LOVE it when your brothers take you for rides on the scooter.  Scares mommy, but you thoroughly enjoy it.  You are definitely Daddy's girl.  The second Daddy walks into the room you light up and make your way over to him to snuggle.  Your Daddy LOVES that :)

It's been a wonderful first year.  I would say I can't wait to watch you grow up, but that wouldn't be the truth.  I am perfectly fine with you just taking your time getting older.  You can stay my sweet little baby forever and I would be ok with that.   I love you so much and I thank my Heavenly Father every day for the blessing you are in our lives.
Happy 1st Birthday, Ava!!!

12 comments:

Kristie said...

She is the most adorable baby. I have to admit, I cried a little as I was reading this. You are such a wonderful mom. I'm so lucky to be in such an awesome family.

Patty's Place said...

Wow that is one cute child! You do such a wonderful tribute to your children when you do your blog. It is so fun to see them grow and all the cute things they do. Thanks for sharing with the rest of us! I love you :)

Cheryl said...

Ditto on everything you said. I love her kisses. I like it when she pretends she's going to hand you something and then quickly takes it back before you can get it... so cute... isn't she a little young to tease like that? You're in trouble.

Krista said...

Ohhhh I love my little Ava LYNN!!!! She is so cute!! She DOES LOVE to tease!!! One of my favorite things she does is peek-a-boo!!! She is so freakin' cute! I want to eat her up EVERY time I see her!! Also, one of my favorite things she did in her first year was say MY name first... well... you know after she said DADA... but that's an EASY one... :) Happy 1st Birthday Ava!!! I love you sooooooooooo much!!!!! You truly have blessed our lives!!!

The McLaws Family said...

Happy Birthday Ava! I can't believe it's been a year! She's absolutely beautiful and glad she has a family that kinda likes her a little:)

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

She is one cute little girl! I totally cried when I read this post! My eyes are still watering in fact! She is the sweetest baby ever! She really was the icing on the cake for your sweet little family! My favorite is to watch her ride on the razor scooter with her brothers! Her smile is from ear to ear, priceless! Great post! You are a great mommy!

Julianne said...

Happy Birthday Ava, Colby's future wife! :)

Team Burtenshaw said...

Let's not talk about hardly ever crying (we don't know what that means at our house :)). She is absolutly beautiful - definitly a year to cherish. Happy B-day Ava! Maybe you can rub off on Kali. :)

danielle said...

She really is the cutest baby not to sound like a broken record C: Happy B-day little one!!

Brianne said...

Happy birthday Ava bean!!! You are such a blessing to have in the family! Your smile and laugh makes me just so happy inside and out. I can't imagine our family without our little bean. I am so glad Heavenly Father sent you to such a great mommy, daddy and siblings so we could all be together forever! Love you bean!!

Randi said...

What a cute little girl she has always been, and I'm sure she always will be.

The Pritchard Party said...

What a great post, Tara! I cried when I read it too....mostly because how you describe Ava describes my little Hannah so well. :) Maybe it's because they were friends in the pre-existence, remember? :)

Happy Birthday Ava! What a sweet little girl!