We're here in San Diego for our family vacation. We plan on staying for a month and I'm already in heaven.
I LOVE THE BEACH!
This morning the kids and I went for a bike ride along the bay. It's so beautiful and the kids found a great place to play on the side of the bay. I sat down on the rocks to watch them play and felt so content with my surroundings.
A lady and her son came walking down the bay and stopped right where we were playing and had her son take off his shoes.
I thought this was kind of strange that she would stop right where we were when the bay was pretty much empty.
Then she tried to get her son to go play in the water with my children.
I was a little annoyed that she would get right in our space and stand in front of me with her camera. There was plenty of room along the sides of us.
Then Colton looked over and saw the boy who was too afraid to join them and without a moments hesitation, walked over to him and said, "Hey buddy, would you like to play with us? It's lots of fun, look." He picked up some mud and threw it. The little boy smiled and cautiously walked out to join them. The kids all immediately included him in their game and he played with them for quite a while.
My thoughts and feelings were immediately changed.
My heart felt overwhelmed with how Colton changed my whole perspective of the situation.
My heart felt overwhelmed with how Colton changed my whole perspective of the situation.
I'm so grateful Heavenly Father sent my sweet children to be Christlike examples for me.
Next time I'll do better.
9 comments:
I'm so excited to spend some time with my super-duper grandchildren! Colton is such a sweet boy. He loves people and teaches us all 'the way we should be'.
He's such a great kid! He was always so nice to Landon too:)
OK... you guys have only been gone for a day and half and I miss you guys already!!! Colt is so cute... you had to of known he would do something like that!;) Love you guys and have a blast!! I'll see you in a couple of weeks... be READY to PARTY!!!
I guess that's why we need to be childlike to make it into the Kingdom of Heaven. Colton is a great example to us all. And wow, are you staying the whole month with your mom? What a treat!! Have a great time.
Missing you all already!! Colton is so tender hearted!! I love to watch him care for little kids and those around him because he let's everyone in!! Give all kids hugs and kisses for me! I was on the phone w/ mom today and I could could hear Ava Bean in the backround and I just wanted to take her out of the phone and snuggle her!!
Colton is even nice to my Kali - that says a lot! Great blog, and enjoy every minute of your vacation!
He is such a sweet heart! I can't wait to see you guys tomorrow! Parte' in Cali baby!!! Whoop whoop!
That is the sweetest story! Dang those kids. There always teaching us something. Enough already. I just want to be a slacker! I'm glad your there safe and having fun!
What a sweet family. The children wouldn't be so sweet without a wonderful mother and father. Sounds like you are having a wonderful time. We look forward to sharing time with all of you! See you soon.
love,grandma and grandpa mcmurdie
Post a Comment