background

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Game & Fish Expo

Last Saturday the kids and I went to the Game and Fish Expo.  
It was so much fun!  
They had so many interactive exhibits that the kids thoroughly enjoyed.
First we did a little fishing.

Ava checking out the fish
Then the kids did some bow fishing
(I think that's what it was called) 
Pet some disgusting oversized lizard
Made friends with an alligator
Touched a ginormous  boa constrictor
Here's Colton in heaven, explaining to me all the reasons why we should get a snake.......
NOT GONNA HAPPEN..........
EVER!!!
Some of us took a little nap
Then the kids went deer hunting with a paint ball gun.
Logan and Colton insisted that the gun was off, since Gracie was the only one to hit the deer :)
I just explained to them that girls are better than boys at certain things, like shooting for instance..........
oh they loved that explanation :)
Overall it was a very successful day.  The kids were entertained for 4 hours, and the whole thing was FREE!  Woop Woop!

13 comments:

The McLaws Family said...

I love it when fun is free! Kudos to Gracie for touching that repulsive lizard thing...Blawh!

Krista said...

Um... how come I was invited??? And I love the boys excuse for not hitting the deer! haha! LOVE IT!!

Anonymous said...

WOW WA!! That is soo CREEPY! YES! Were all those thing just alive and laying out in the middle of everything???

Briannon said...

I went there too, though I didnt see any of what you guys did, they must have been at different areas, I just went to the first one where there was food tents. I wish i had had more time there

Megs said...

What a fun FREE day!!!! I bet your kids had a blast!!

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

That is so cool! Especially the fact that it was free! Where was it?? The snake totally freaked me out!!! Colton is crazy!

Jaime and Brent said...

What a blast! I love outdoor expos! Looks like the kids had fun.
B:

*JULIA* said...

That looks like the perfect Sat. activity. My boys would have loved it! Someone told me the wrong dates for it? Next year I will definitely be there.

ikathy said...

Where did you go to this Fish and Game Expo?? Also, in reading yesterday's post--is Aaron a flight paramedic? I didn't know he was, so answer my question please.?? Thanks! (Maybe you could send me an email.)

Cheryl said...

Your kids were definitely in heaven at that kind of expo. It looks like it was tailored for them! I should have gone to the part that Breba went to... the food tents.

Staci Kramer said...

Tara, I dont have your phone number or I would have called, but I can totally get you the good deal for Lasik. I called today and asked if they would give my dad that same exact deal they gave me and they totally agreed. He is all set up for tomorrow I think. I would be happy to call them for you and get the price all nailed down for you before you go. It is seriously everything I ever dreamed it would be to be free from glasses but have perfect vision! Also, more on topic, I love the expo pics. Your family is so fun. My husband and Jack would have had a ball there. me...not so much, but I'm always up for anything that gets the kiddos away from the tv and learning things. Next time Invite us!

jmcmurdie said...

What a wonderful fun activity. You are a great mom. I admire your courage to take four children by yourself. Then you even made the trek over here. We enjoyed having you sooooo much! It was a pleasant surprise to have Aaron too. Thanks for the fun pictures of the children. I love your blog!
mom mcmurdie

Marni said...

You are such a fun mom! My boys would have loved something like this! Too bad I'm not as fun as you... maybe next year! ;)