background

Monday, April 20, 2009

Deep Thoughts, by Tara

I've had some serious questions/thoughts on mind mind lately, and I feel like the only way to work through them is to state them aloud and get some feedback from my worldwide followers.
So, here they are, in no particular order:
1.  Can I really claim to fit into my pre-prego clothes again, when it seriously takes a long battle of tucking and squeezing to get myself into them???
2.  Is it normal to HATE a traffic light???  There is a traffic light that without fail, turns red the second it spots me.  I've tried sneaking up on it, I've tried to pretend like I don't notice how rude it always is to me, I've even held in the extremely vulgar language that I want to use every time I have to stop at it's red light.  I'm sure you won't believe me, but I'm sure I even saw it smirk at me once.  UGH!  How do you get even with a traffic light???
3.  What is the deal with me and sweets???  I will make a vow with myself that I'm not going to eat anymore sweets, and seriously 10 minutes later when someone offers me something delectable, I dig in, without even a second thought to the stupid unrealistic vow I just made moments earlier.
4.  Why do I become a raging, screaming, emotional, lunatic once a month???  Oh wait.......................nevermind.
5.  Why do I still have friends who don't understand the importance of public restroom procedures ???  I have a friend whom I will call Freba, who I kid you not, had to give a talk in our stake conference, while we were eating dinner beforehand, she took her talk into the restroom with her, and I was informed that she placed it on the top of the toilet while she did her business......................that's right, ON. TOP. OF. THE. TOILET. Then she brought it back to the table, and continued to hold it and saturate all of the germs that were on it into her skin.  Seriously Freba???  Have I taught you nothing???
These are just a few of the thoughts/questions that keep me up at night.  I would greatly appreciate any feedback you might have to help me in my quest for answers.  
Thank you, and good night.

17 comments:

ikathy said...

Tara- I think you need to stop taking life so seriously, you're going to have a stroke or heart attack or worse. RELAX and enjoy life a little more. (And this coming from the "worlds best worrywart!")

Love you!!!!!!!
Aunt KATHY

Randi said...

HAha, you make me laugh. I wonder who this Freba person is... Hmmm... jk.

Just so you know since you posted about public restrooms my whole mindset has changed completely. I've really been working on the hover technique and holding my breath with those automatic flushing toilets.

And for that I thank you, Tara.

Cheryl said...

hey, I know the traffic light you're talking about... is it on the frontage road going out onto I-17? That's the one I 'hate'. It does the same thing to me!!!! As a matter of fact, I'm sure I've seen it smirk!!!! &%#$%!*%^.... makes me mad just thinking about it!!!!

Tara said...

MOM! You are correct! That light is so evil! Let's shoot that #@*%#@*ing light with paint ball guns tonight! That'll wipe the smirk right off of it's *%@# *#@&% face!

Cheryl said...

I'm definitely in!!!!

jmcmurdie said...

Tara,I think we all have thoughts that drive us crazy! I think Aaron needs to take you on a relaxing vacation for a few days. Dad and I will babysit.
I tried my wedding dress on awhile back. I weighed the same as I did then but what a laugh! So will anyones body ever be the same after children. No, but then life is not the same either. I think life is better. love,mom mcmurdie

corbin6 said...

Ok Tara, you are lucky you have me as a friend to council you in your time of need. We'll address one at a time...
1. Yes, you can claim it.(and anyone who tells you otherwise is not your real friend.)
2. Totally normal. Let me know how the paint balling goes.
3.Your body craves what it needs. Its a scientific fact! i swear! ask your Dad!
4. You already answered your own question.
5. Um...if you asked me out to dinner, I NEVER would have laid anything -ANYTHING- on the toilet. but, you didnt ask me....live and learn.

danielle said...

you guys are HILARIOUS!!!When you get done attaking the light I have one that you can take out as well!!
Sugar is evil and I curse the person who introduced it into society! At least you can squeeze and tuck your way into your pre prego clothes. My baby is almost 9 and I have no hope of squeezing and tucking my way into any of those old clothes....again I curse sugar! Public bathrooms are vial and disgusting and should be avoided at all costs!! Thanks for the good laugh :D

katie said...

NO you cannot claim to fit into your pre pregnancy clothes UNLESS they fit you JUST like they did before you had your precious baby girl...LOVE your real BFF

Tara said...

Katie-
You and I are no longer friends.

Gates & Tausha said...

tara. this story of "freba"...i don't get it...it seems like an experience i have almost daily. odd and germy you call it? i don't know...don't knock it til you try it. :) ahah...

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

Those are the EXACT same questions and thoughts I have on my mind all the time! Wow, we must be sisters or connected or something! Today, I swore in my head many times because I hit every light and it took me five minutes to go about 300 feet... Scottsdale... way too many stop lights! Also, sugar really is the devil. I do the same thing as you. I say I'm not going to eat it anymore and five seconds later, someone offers me a cookie and I eat three!!! I swear it is a drug! I need to go to AA for Sugar-holics anonymous. We'll call it SA!!

*JULIA* said...

Tara do you need me to go get you a refill of your special medicine. It sounds like you ran out again.....
I think you should definely go on that long relaxing vacay and let your MIL babysit. Sounds like just what you need.

Karla said...

Ha-ha-ha! Tara you are hilarious. All I have to say about the sweets temptation is, now this mind sound really "white trash" but in reality quite delicious, Oreo Cakesters. Yum! Don't try them they are quite addicting. Okay that may have been the longest sentence ever.

Jaime and Brent said...

You kill me... I do understand the traffice light issue though. Those *@#*@#*'n lights! It especially bothers me when it changes while I'm doing like 30 over the limit, and I have to come to a sliding hault, causing my rotors to glow, and there is no one even waiting on it. Can't it see I'm coming? I might have to hire my sister to take it out with her car, like she did the last one.

B:

The Pritchard Party said...

Oh my goodness I love your thoughts. They make me laugh. I don't really have answers because I'm either in the same boat or have not yet experienced them (like fitting into pre-prego clothes). I hope you find the answers you seek :)

barryblog said...

If you are talking about a certain light leading onto a certain freeway that is close to our homes, (Jomax), I know exactly what you mean. I swear it has a sensor to turn red if I am coming.