background

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Logan

I can't believe my baby is 12 years old now.  Where has the time gone???
It seems like just yesterday I delivered my little, 4 lbs 14 oz baby boy.  I was smitten.  I remember the overwhelming feelings of love I felt for this sweet little man that was placed in my arms.   He was so perfect.  I even remember laying in bed snuggling him, when he was only about 4 weeks old, and just thinking I could never imagine him being older than that.  He will always be my baby.  He loves it when I tell him that :)
Today was such a special Easter sunday.  Logan received the priesthood today.  It was a very spiritual experience.  Especially for me.  One, it was my firstborn, and two, I've never had the opportunity to be there for someone receiving the priesthood.  The bishop asked me to bear my testimony for Logan.  Although I felt like I might vomit when he asked me, I was so grateful to have the opportunity to share my testimony with him.  I think sometimes I take for granted that he knows I have a testimony of my Savior.  Then Aaron gave him a beautiful blessing.  I'm so grateful to have a husband who holds the priesthood and is worthy to give my children and I blessings.  I'm so grateful to have a righteous son, who has made good choices so that he could be worthy to hold the priesthood.  Logan brings so much joy to my life and to our family.  He is such a wonderful big brother.  I can always count on him to help me out with the kids, the house, or anything else I need help with.  He's come to me with a hug and an offer to take care of the kids if I want to go rest, on several occasions. (probably because I was being a raging lunatic)  He has such a good heart.  I've watched him befriend kids who don't particularly have many friends.  I've watched him defend his brother and sister.  I've seen him work hard on a job, when everyone else quite because it was too hard.  He has so many good traits, which I'm sure he inherited from his father.  
I'm so grateful to my Heavenly Father for blessing my life with Logan.  
He'll always be my baby, whether he likes it or not :)  
Happy Birthday, buddy!
I love you!

12 comments:

Julianne said...

Happy Birthday Logan! I bet you are so sad to be leaving Primary! :) You have always been such a sweet kid!

The McLaws Family said...

Oh talk about a tear jerker, what a great experience this must be for you guys, I'm so happy for you and Happy Birthday Logan!

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

I can't believe he is already 12 years old either! I remember sitting in my sixth grade class watching the clock waiting for school to get out so I could go see Logan for the first time in the hospital! He was the cutest baby and kid ever!! I faked being sick quite a few times as a kid so I could stay home and help watch Logan! He is such a sweetheart! Happy birthday buddy! I love you!

danielle said...

I remember when he was born, just three days after Lexi :D Time really does just go by way to fast. Happy Birthday Logan!!

jmcmurdie said...

It is wonderful to watch a young boy grow. There is something miraculous in the transformation that changes that pliable little elf into an energetic being that has strong opinions that drive right choices. It is wonderful to know that this strong spirit will lead the way and set a proper example for those in the family who follow him. This is help you will rely on for many years to come. His receiving the priesthood will only fortify your efforts to raise a righteous posterity. Indeed, you are blessed, both with a righteous son and a righteous husband. But don't forget, they are so because of the wonderful mother you are that tempers all that energy.

Mom and I love you. Congratulations

Krista said...

Happy Birthday Logan!! You are such a great kid and I LOVE YOU TO DEATH!! Your mom is right... you do have one of the best hearts! I remember going down to the hospital to see you and oh my goodness... oh my goodness... you were seriously the CUTEST baby!! REALLY!!! When I saw you I just wanted to snuggle you and eat you right away (nothings changed... haha)!!!! I LOVE YOU and hope you had a fabulous birthday weekend!!

Brooke said...

What a sweet post....I can't believe you have a 12 year old, that can't be!! He is so handsome, and sounds so sweet. Hope he had a great day...

Cheryl said...

That's one special boy!!!! I love his work ethics as well, he's always the one that 'hangs in there' when everyone else gives up! I love to watch him ride a horse too, he's always been a cowboy at heart, remember when he couldn't even walk and he carried a coiled rope? He cried if we didn't coil it right. I love you, Logan. Happy belated birthday.

Matt and Melissa said...

Just caught up on your blog. You guys really need to take a trip up here. Matt was jealous of the shooting and archery. He loves that stuff. Happy Birthday Logan!

ikathy said...

Wow, doesn't seem possible that Logan's 12 already. What a special Easter for your family. That's wonderful. I didn't remember that he only weighed 4 lbs. 14 oz. when he was born. Was he early? Have all your kids been early? Where have I been??? Don't I know anything that's going on? Oh, dear.

Patty's Place said...

I love you Logan! Hope you know that whenever I see you it makes me smile.

Hohmann Family said...

Those are such wonderful, sweet thoughts. What a treasure you have in your oldest! Ours is only 3, but that day will come all too soon.
I'm Aaron's cousin by the way. :)