I have this great idea (actually I stole it from a friend, shhhhhhh)
It's always fun to think about the 'good ol days', so for my birthday I would love it if everyone would leave a memory you have with me, as a comment. The more memories the better! I think this is a great birthday present to myself ;)
So excited!
20 comments:
I don't know which one to say-- I have so many fun memories with you! Remember when we dressed up in our old (very small) dance costumes and sang and danced around in mom's bedroom to "We're Makin' Whoopie"!!! That was awesome!
My favorite memories were when you lived in mom and dad's guest house and we would hang out everyday in the summer and either watch the wedding singer or go to Waterworld and we would crave hot dogs and doritos while we went around the lazy river! I also loved spending the night and talking and laughing until 3 in the morning many times! You are the best sister ever! I have so many memories with you, it was hard to pick just one!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TARA!!!!!! I LOVE YOU LOTS! THANKS FOR BEING SUCH A GREAT FRIEND AND EXAMPLE TO ME!!!! :)
I remember when you were 16 and I had my sister-in-law, Sheila, living with us. You came over and we were talking about dates, and I was telling you about the date I went on where I got held at gunpoint. We were sitting on the floor in our kitchen, for some reason. That's all I can remember.. . I wonder if you can even remember that?? That's all I can recall. Hmm. Well, happy birthday, Random Memory #2.
It is always a little scarry being the "new kid on the block" I remember you being so friendly and welcoming when I first moved here... and you still are. ..and your aerobics are my favorite (too bad that it doesn't fit my schedule more often). Happy Birthday!
Oh man!! Where do I start? Well, here's one: "Happy Birthday, Mr. President...." sung with a .... well do you remember singing that to dad and I in our bedroom late one night?
Remember in Hawaii videoing the little skit we made up, it was so funny... to us.
When you were about 3 yrs old you would say to me, "We love chudders (tranlation:each other), huh mom." I loved to hear you say that, you were sooooo cute!
Remember Philmont and your wonderful little hike? Ha ha ha!!
You've always been so much fun, you were a pleasure to raise. Now I look to you often for help and advice... funny how the tables have turned. Happy Birthday!!!
Ha Ha I don't know if you really want me to share my most vivid memory of you C: but I will! It was when we were swimming in Uncle Jacks pool and you had to go to the bathroom....number 2 I might add. We were to chicken to use his bathroom so you went in the pool! we spent a while trying to fish it out with the net and then kept thinking we saw remenants of it floating in the pool!! It was a great laugh and a good memory. Happy Happy Birthday Tara!!!!!!
Danielle.......I think you are thinking of a different cousin because that is disgusting and I'm pretty sure you just made that up. And p.s., Uncle Jack was a very scary man and no one likes to ask a very scary man if they can use his restroom. My best memory with you was when I was totally beating you in a race down Grandma's hall and you pulled me down and purposefully fell on my thumb, breaking it, just so that I couldn't beat you. Hmmmmmm, the good ol days ;)
Oh boy where to start. I remember just wanting to do anything you did. I loved watching you at all your dance shows. I remember that time at Disneyland when that guy was yelling "Dance Tara dance!" We were laughing so hard! I remember the time you and Dad got poison oak from that farm we went to. I remember that multi colored jacket that you had (you know the one that each corner of the jacket/shirt was a different color. You always seemed to have the boys chasing after you. I remember kicking one of your boyfriends in the shins because I wanted him to know I didn't like him dating you. I also remember watching you out my bedroom window when you would come home from your dates (with Erin and Krista next to me of course hee, hee). Oh there are so many memories I am thinking of now :) Happy birthday Sis!! Thanks for always being so great! You are a wonderful sister, friend, mom and daughter!!!
Happy Birthday GIRL! What a fun present, I wish I had done this =) SOOOOOO...I remember a few things, from VERY young days I remember coming to your house and you could NEVER EVER ask to do anything with your friends present and one day you were asking your mom if we could do something in her room and I accidentally walked up and your mom was about to answer then looked up at me and said, "um, no...you can't do that" and I was like...ughhhhhh, I didn't mean to come in! And I remember when I bought my first bra and i wore a t-tank top just so my bra straps would show and when I was at your house and your mom was like "um, Jen, do you realize your bra straps are showing." And I probably should have said, "um yeah, I'm really excited, don't you see that's the point?" And of course your mom brought up Philmont, my best and worst vacation with you ever! HIKING in the rain while your family and sisters played and did crafts and we were escaping fires in the cabin and playing "THORNS AND ROSES" with all the people that hated us because the boys liked us more and because clearly, we were more interested in boys than dehydrated food and spitting into sumps. OH and I just laughed out loud when I recalled that one of us (me or you??) left the tent in the night to move our socks so they didn't get wet and upon return to our tent came upon our leaders tent thinking it was ours and started opening it with the flashlight in the middle of the night saying "why did you zip this shut?"! OOOOOOOO...that was hilarious and I can still laugh out loud at it.
Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We remember spending time with you in San Diego and your family. We remember the many family gatherings both in our home and yours.
My most treasured memory was the night you got engaged at the civic center. The program just let out and dozens and dozens of people watched Arron get down on one knee and propose. Your family and ours were there to surprise you! love,mom and dad
Jen- I'm seriously laughing out loud remembering that camp out with you.......so funny!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Sorry I'm one day late. I remember you and your friend dancing at Grandma & Grandpa's 50th Wedding Anniversary. Cute! Really cute.
p.s. I don't believe either story that you and Danielle told. Couldn't possibly by true. Not the two of you beautiful young women. No way!
Love, Aunt Kathy
Ok... I suck!! I'm a few days late on this thing... oops!!
Which memory do I want to choose??? Hmmmm....
First, I vaguely remember this one day on the playground at Mountain Shadows when I asked this girl if she could move over so I could pass her on the bridge and SHE turned around and punched me in the stomach. (And you know me at that age... THE SHYEST GIRL YOU WOULD EVER MEET... it was hard enough for me to ask someone I didn't even know to move aside.) Well, I remember seeing you on my way back to class and you noticed I was crying and I told you what happened. Well... all I can remember from that moment was that you said you were going to "take care of it" for me and the next thing was I think you had to stand at the fence for like a week at recess... :)
Second story, I love that you and Robyn would ALWAYS let Amber and I make you "chocolate" drinks... YOU DRANK THEM!! I can't believe you would even try them... they had stuff floating in them. YUCK!! haha!!
Do you remember that time when you lived in your first house when we wanted to start being more crafty... do you remember the bunnies we made??? I wonder what ever happened to mine.... hmmmm...
I will say this TK... you are one of my best friends and I love you so much and am grateful that we were born to the same parents... because I KNOW I am blessed to have a big sister like you to help show me the ropes. You have a WONDERFUL personality that all who know you can feel... (because usually we all leave with a tummy ache from laughing so much) Thanks for sharing your family with me! I am so privileged to share a lot of your happy moments with you guys!
Final memory: Picture this: You as a teenager in the late 80's. Me, standing in the bathroom. You, holding a LARGE bottle of HAIRSPRAY. Me, being doused with that hairspray. You taking my bangs and making them look like a tower and then taking the door and drying my bangs because they are SOAKED with hairspray. Me, happy... happy... happy!! haha!! things don't change do they??? :) Love you! Happy Birthday!!!
Hmm that's a very interesting memory! I had no idea I was so aggressive!! Whatever it takes to win c;
Tara you are so great! As long as I live I'll always remember you kicking our butts at aerobics. Or maybe the newest memory I have of you copping a feel at basketball (totally by mistake:). You truly are an amazing person Tara and such an example of endurance. Here's to many more memories:)
Oh please..do you really want me to go into that infamous night at the circle K ..The totally hot yet crazy guys who picked up on us, the hold up, driving the get away car and not realizing it until it all came to a head in the middle of the intersection of Bell and 35th and our fist fight right there! You know..you can look up the whole story you shared on my blog memories :) haha, hope you had a wonderful birthday!!
Happy Birthday!!!
Don't have too many stories, since I was hardly ever invited to the party... :) Don't worry. I wouldn't have invited me either.
I do remember one party though when we were hanging around in your backyard, jumping on your trampoline, and your younger sister Erin (probably only 4 or 5 at the time) mozied over to my socks and shoes, filled them with dog poop, and then threw them over the back fence... Yeah... I'm sorry. As it is, I can hardly remember anything from my early years, but for some reason that memory doesn't seem to go away.
B:
Nothing like a month late : ) Where to begin...I have so many memories. All good of course. Lets see: cursing you at aerobics, many late nights tying tutus, selling 100s of tutus, running red lights just to see your reaction, beating you in a 5K, gaurding you in bball, makeup lessons with your special tool, hair lessons, tping with the boys, cursing you some more at aerobics, winning that 5k...did I already say that?? No seriously, I could go on forever but one of my favorite moments was setting up for the dance recital last year when we were moving the piano...I don't even remember what was so funny, but I remember falling over laughing so hard...good times...I love ya!! Happy Birthday way late birthday BFF!!
I gotta say....running our first 5K together, coughing our lungs out in 42 degree weather while it's pouring. I'll pretty much never forget it! Happy Birthday.
Post a Comment