background

Saturday, November 6, 2010

I Looked Out The Window and What Did I See................

Yesterday was a glorious day.  I think the highlight was when my little Bean came in my room with watery eyes and both of her little pointer fingers up her nostrils and told me to "wook at her noshe".  After closer inspection and an adorable talk with her, it was determined that my sweet little two year old had shoved popcorn kernels up each nostril.  We tried many different things to get them out but to no prevail.  So, in the car we went for a drive to urgent care.  On my way there I called my sis, Erin, and told her my predicament.  She then told me she had the answer to all my problems and to come over to my Mom's house instead of urgent care.  I turned around and off to my Mom's we went.  When we got there, I tried out the brilliant idea Erin had for removing popcorn kernels from little two year old nostrils, but was still unsuccessful.  Then Erin took over.  That's when it happened.  I watched in awe as my baby sister became a resourceful mom.
SHE TOOK A STRAW AND SUCKED THE KERNELS OUT.
When she got the first one out, she giggled a slightly scary giggle and went right in for kernel number two.  Words cannot describe how proud/slightly disturbed I felt at that moment.
Here's the kernels...........one with booger still attached...........you're welcome
Ava inspecting her recently removed popcorn kernels
The best part was when Aunt Erin got them out, Ava looked up at her and said, "Fank you Ewin."
And a big kiss for the hero of the day :) 

10 comments:

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

Being a mom has changed me. I guess I like to do gross things now! Ava's face was the best! I loved how big her eyes got as I sucked the kernels out of her nose! She is so cute! I'm so glad I was able to save the day! :) ha ha

Team Burtenshaw said...

...everyone needs an aunt/sister like that!

Andrea Johnson said...

I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants!

Brianne said...

I thought I aready commented. ...anyways. way to go Erin! This is a good trick to know with a kylee & brayden. Hee, hee; )

Cheryl said...

My favorite part is... "Fank you Ewin." I can just see her saying that! Sorry I missed the 'fun' going on at my house that morning. Erin was the hero of the day! Plus, she saved you $50!

Jaime and Brent said...

Awesome story and a very clever idea... hopefully it wasn't a runny nose. Just a curious thought... how long did you suck on the straw before you handed over the reigns... and why aren't there pics of that :) Wish I could have been there.
B:

Tara said...

Ummm, I sucked for about 3 seconds and gave up. That was hard work!

Krista said...

So FUNNY!! I can't believe Erin did that... but happy Ava bean is all better!! And personally, the booger covered popcorn kernel is DISGUSTING!!

Tara Nelson said...

Okay! WOW! Way to go Auntie Ewin..... Amazing. Who would've thought. Such cute pics.

Julianne said...

Too funny! I am glad it saved you a trip to Urgent Care!