background
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Cowboy Up!!!
This summer Aaron took the kids on our annual Sherriff Posse family week at Morman Lake. I stayed home since I had just had a our new little baby a few days earlier. Now don't freak out and judge Aaron for leaving me home alone with a newborn baby to fend for myself. I was pretty much to a point where I could crawl to the crib and get the baby all by myself. He also left me some bread and a little bit of water, so I was good. Anyways, the kids all participated in different events on the horses. Pole bending, barrel racing and roping, to name a few. Colton was riding his horse, Roxy, for the poles and she decided that she didn't really feel like being a good little horse. When the fam got home my Dad started to tell me, with a huge smile on his face and uncontrolable enthusiasm, about Roxy bucking with COLTON ON HER BACK. He so enthusiastically told me about how incredibly awesome Colton did at staying on her and he couldn't believe how high she had bucked with him.....until he looked up to see my, NOT SO AMUSED, look on my face. He then immediately changed the whole tone of the story to, man we rode Roxy hard after that. She learned her lesson. Whew, we're so grateful that Colton is o.k., I'm sure nothing like that will EVER happen again. LET'S HOPE NOT!!!! Here's a few photos of my cowboy ridin' his bucking bronco :) (Ya, that's right, they were taking pictures instead of trying to SAVE HIS LIFE)


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Colton is such a stud man! Those are awesome photo's! Good job trying to run over and save his life! ha ha :)
those pics are really cool and i guess it was better that you were not there to witness that. He doesn't even look that scared!
Ok, I'm feeling like a loser mom!! Not sure if Keegan has ever even been on a horse and here Colton is clearly tearing it up! He's a cutie! I still have wedding plans for L & W so please make sure he understands whats up ; ) We Miss you guys! You look great by the way.. I talked to Julianne the other day and she told me you'd had your baby...I didn't even know you were preg! Very cute pics of her on your blog, so tiny.. Say hi to the fam ; )
That is a true cowboy!! Tell him job for stay on :) Those are some cool pictures of him working his magic. ha, ha I love that boy!
Post a Comment